Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup agent on Exchange Server

Brits
Level 6

Hi Team, 

Please help to clear my doubt -

To take exchange DB online backups, do I need to install any Netbackup exchange agent separately?

I have installed Netbackup client agent on exchange server but the exchange database installation/creation is not done yet. Would I be able to configure Exchange DB backup after its installation/creation?   As I have installed netbackup agent before DB creation so little confuse if netbackup agent will identify the exchange DB or not.

Netbackup version - 7.6.0.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NetBackup client software includes ALL agents and options.

No need to install anything else. 

Once Exchange is installed and configured, you can follow steps in NetBackup for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide   to configure Exchange backup (assuming you have Capacity license or Application and Database license on the master server).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne

NetBackup client software includes ALL agents and options.

No need to install anything else. 

Once Exchange is installed and configured, you can follow steps in NetBackup for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide   to configure Exchange backup (assuming you have Capacity license or Application and Database license on the master server).

Brits
Level 6

Thank you Marianne.

As NetBackup client software includes ALL agents and options , NetBackup agent will automatically identify the exchange DB after its creation  and it doesnot matter if I have installed Netbackup agent before DB creation .  Is my understanding correct?

Marianne

Correct.

You still need to add Exchange directives in the Backup Selection tab of the policy and start NBU Client service with necessary Exchange permissions.

Instructions in the manual.
If you want to configure granular backups, see this TN:

Everything you need to know to get Exchange Granular backups to work:
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO73076 

Brits
Level 6

again Thanks a lot.