cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup and CloudPoint

Lumpi
Level 4

I heared that CloudPoint should replace the replication director. Does someone have a roudmap for this or little bit more info?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know the roadmap but I (think) I can say this.

1. Replication director is being maintained for now, but not being developed further (this is of course subject to change)
2. The latest release of Cloudpoint (2.2) has support for some NetApp C-mode arrays for both NAS & SAN assets.

It not a direct replacement for Replication Driector, but is providing some of the functionality RD provided. I would guess that the funcitonality would be inccreased over time. 

As Marianne indicated, your best bet is to talk to your account SE to find out more about the current features supported, and what may be coming. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Veritas will never share roadmap info in a public forum. 

Best to reach out to Product Management via your local Veritas SE.
They may be willing to share info under NDA. 

I don't know the roadmap but I (think) I can say this.

1. Replication director is being maintained for now, but not being developed further (this is of course subject to change)
2. The latest release of Cloudpoint (2.2) has support for some NetApp C-mode arrays for both NAS & SAN assets.

It not a direct replacement for Replication Driector, but is providing some of the functionality RD provided. I would guess that the funcitonality would be inccreased over time. 

As Marianne indicated, your best bet is to talk to your account SE to find out more about the current features supported, and what may be coming.