cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup catalog recovery 7.5.0.7

Samzone
Level 2

I am planning to migrate an old 7.5.0.7 master server to a new physical server. The old master server is configured with OST plugin to EMC data domain appliance.  I have the most recent catalog backups respectively in both tape and OST disk.  If I fully recover the catalog through tape as primary copy, can the full catalog recovery restore the configuration settings of disk storage server, disk pools. Or do I need to manually configure the storage server and disk pool after full catalog recovered? Thanks!

Sammy

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

In theory it should restore everything including disk pool and storage servers. I would do some restore tests before doing this in production. Catalog Restore sometimes behaves in mysterious ways.

The troubleshooting guide has a large section about catalog restores. I suggest you consult that part of the documentation to get the prerequisite right.

View solution in original post

Will_Restore
Level 6

excerpt from the technote

Prepare the new master server using the same host name and IP address as the old master server (ensure that the conditions stated above are met).  If the master server is also a storage server for AdvancedDisk volumes ensure that the volumes are presented to the same mount points on the new master server (i.e. F:\ on the old master server must be mounted as F:\ on the new master server).  If the old master server has access to OpenStorage and PureDisk deduplication devices ensure that the new master server can access the same devices using the same storage server name.  If the migration is between 32 bit Windows and 64 bit Windows and OpenStorage is used ensure that correct OpenStorage plug in used in each case

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH77447

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

In theory it should restore everything including disk pool and storage servers. I would do some restore tests before doing this in production. Catalog Restore sometimes behaves in mysterious ways.

The troubleshooting guide has a large section about catalog restores. I suggest you consult that part of the documentation to get the prerequisite right.

Will_Restore
Level 6

excerpt from the technote

Prepare the new master server using the same host name and IP address as the old master server (ensure that the conditions stated above are met).  If the master server is also a storage server for AdvancedDisk volumes ensure that the volumes are presented to the same mount points on the new master server (i.e. F:\ on the old master server must be mounted as F:\ on the new master server).  If the old master server has access to OpenStorage and PureDisk deduplication devices ensure that the new master server can access the same devices using the same storage server name.  If the migration is between 32 bit Windows and 64 bit Windows and OpenStorage is used ensure that correct OpenStorage plug in used in each case

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH77447

Samzone
Level 2

Thanks guys for the answer! I will fully test it out.