Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup catalog recovery

MohdAlim
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

We are planning to backup our catalog to disk instead of tapes. Is it possible to perform the catalog recovery from disk instead of tapes?

When we launched the catalog recovery wizard, will Netbackup know that the catalog files are residing on disk?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Yes, it will work.

Make sure you ahve a weekly copy on tape, in case of disk failure.

Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Amit_Karia
Level 6
Netbackup version 6.0 onwards do have the capability to import images from disk..

quebek
   VIP    Certified
Hello
I am not using wizard, instead I use bprecover command from the command line. To be honest in NBU 6.5 there is a switch to this command -wizard :D.
Once You will reconfigure Your NBU catalog backup to disk and perform one backup You can try to run this command
bprecover -l -dpath disk_dirve:\Directory_with_NBU_DB_BACKUP to see if backup was successful.
I think that in wizard there is an option where to point out disk path for NBU DB

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified
We are planning to backup our catalog to disk instead of tapes. Is it possible to perform the catalog recovery from disk instead of tapes?

backing up of catalog to disk in any version is possible and recovery is also possible; all this is based on your feasibilty.

When we launched the catalog recovery wizard, will Netbackup know that the catalog files are residing on disk?
this is based on the version type you have? in 6.X you can go for hot catalog backup and if you have DR file; that file will have all these info.

let me know more details for further clarification.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Yes, it will work.

Make sure you ahve a weekly copy on tape, in case of disk failure.

Martin