cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup client 6.5 W2k8 server Core

Oyvind_Sonderby
Level 5

I have tried almost an hour now to find Netbackup Client for Windows Server 2008 Core. Can someone please help me :)
7 REPLIES 7

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
you will need a minimum of 6.5.2 (altho' I would be more inclined to go for 6.5.4 as a minimum - but that obviously depends on your current master version).

Matrix:
NetBackup (tm) 6.x Operating System Compatibility List (Updated March 26 2010)

Updates/downloads:
This article contains information about upgrade requirements and the entire listing for all NetBack...

Oyvind_Sonderby
Level 5

Thank you for your reply Andy. I'm running Netbackup Master and Media server version 6.5.4.
Went to Fileconnect and downloaded NetBackup_6.5.4_Windows2008_X64.exe

Running client install on the core server gives me the following error: The Veritas NetBackup Client install was interrupted before it could be completed.

The firewall on the core server is turned off

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
List of links to the Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server 6.5.4 Release Update downloads ?

Forgot about that one! We just installed 6.5GA & upgraded to 6.5.3.1 or 6.5.4.

There's also this T/N which describes the requirement to "run as" when doing the install:

A NetBackup Update Installation for Windows 2008 Servers and Clients will fail immediately with the ...

Oyvind_Sonderby
Level 5
Ahh.... Thanx Andy. But how can I right-click a file on a core server?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Knew it was stripped down, but ....

***EDIT***
The only other thing I did find was in the README associated with the CD Image version I mentioned in my earlier post:

"...
To install a NetBackup client on Windows 2008 x64 Server Core, use the silent install script present on the Windows 2008 x64 CD.
..."

Relevant? Or is that what failed for you?

Oyvind_Sonderby
Level 5
Ok. Tried the silent install script. It starts, and since it is a silent script, it does not give me any more feedback. But running a connect from the Master server indicates that the client is not installed.

Oyvind_Sonderby
Level 5

Ok... Will close this case and open a new with the error. THANX