cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup client 7.6 on windows server 2012 R2

bava
Level 2

Hi,

I have an environment of 25 server, where netbackup 7.6 is used to take backup of the servers. I wanted to know if there is any possibility to initialize the backup from client server(data resides on that server itself) and restore from client server

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes - to initiate backup from the client is called 'User Backup'.

You need to create a policy (or modify existing) to add User Backup schedule with open window during which client will be allowed to start backup. 

Backup Selection is ignored for this schedule type - client needs to open BAR GUI and select files/folders or else use bpbackup command from cmd or in a script to specify files/folders.

Restores from client is allowed by default  - use BAR GUI on the client or use bprestore.

See NetBackup Commands Reference Guide   for command usage.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

Yes - to initiate backup from the client is called 'User Backup'.

You need to create a policy (or modify existing) to add User Backup schedule with open window during which client will be allowed to start backup. 

Backup Selection is ignored for this schedule type - client needs to open BAR GUI and select files/folders or else use bpbackup command from cmd or in a script to specify files/folders.

Restores from client is allowed by default  - use BAR GUI on the client or use bprestore.

See NetBackup Commands Reference Guide   for command usage.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

if the clients are windows... you can use backup , archive & restore window to trigger the backup jobs from client..

however before you trigger the jobs.. you need to create a policy in Master server with user backup schedule..

refer the below guide for detail sabout backup archive restore window.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.DOC6451.html

if the clients are the unix you can use bpbackup command , it also needs to policy and user schedule in the policy.

Marianne
Level 6

One more contribution from my side:

See User Backup on p.716 of NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I  
and  Considerations for user schedules on page 722.

bava
Level 2

Thank you so much Marianne and RamNagalla. I'll check to create the policy on the master server.