cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup client version 7.6. Error

mdaslam_708
Level 2

Hi

We are using Netbackup client version 7.6. I am responsible for client troubleshooting. I am getting below errors.

Please guide me to troubleshoot from client side.

1. Backups are failing with status 50 ERR-Unable to backup System state or shadow copy 

2. Backup failed with status 24 - sock write failed

3. Backup failed for server with status 156. The VSP cache is may be full.

4. The Volume snapshot that occurs to facilitate open file backup has failed. This failure is often caused by the VSP/VSS cache file running out of allocated space.

5.  Backup failed for server with status 156. snapshot error.

6. Backups are failing with status 58- no connectiont to client.

7. Backup failed for server with status 23 soctet read failed

4 REPLIES 4

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

You have too many separate issues to deal with in one posting.  You do not apear to have tried to resolve these yourself.  We're not a support team.  We do this for fun.  But, we're not here to do your work for you.  We're here to advise when you get stuck.  Please at least attempt to initially resolve them yourself.  If you've never worked on NetBackup before, then my advice to you is to pick one issue, the most important one to you, attempt to resolve it yourself, and come back with a new posting if you get stuck.  And then in that new posting describe all in some detail... the master, media, client and backup job, and with some logs (as attached text files) and we might be able to help you further.

Sorry, but you simply have too many issues to deal with in one posting, with near zero additional background information.  Giving us a list of some backup status codes is not going to help us to help you.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Netbackup 7.6 status code reference has advice on how to solve each of the status codes.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.DOC6471

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Herewith the 'ABC...' of managing and troubleshooting NetBackup:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/NetBackup-Basics-and-how-to-make-YOUR-life-easier/td-p/491393

The post is old but still valid. 

Some of the links may not be working anymore, but Google and the Support page are excellent in finding the latest. 
You can also use the 'Handy NBU Links' in my signature to find the latest manuals.