Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup clustered Master server using VCS

AndresV
VIP
Partner    VIP   

Hi Guys,

I´m planning to have a clustered master server installed on RHEL 7.x using VCS or infoscale enterprise.

Does anyone know if for this configuration I need a SAN disk? or is there a way to accomplish this at "lan level"?

I´m asking you this because I have to servers without HBA Cards only normal LAN.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
7 REPLIES 7

RiaanBadenhorst

Tousif
Level 6

Hello,

The NetBackup stores the catalog data on shared disk. It doesn't matter what hardware in the background to represent the disk to Master server. Veritas do not recommend to use the NFS filesystem for catalog due to performance issue.

Veritas recommend to use the SCSI disk for share disk and it should represent on both nodes.

Your concern is more related to what VCS support for HA cluster.

Kindly refer below article for hardware detail:

https://sort.veritas.com/public/documents/sfha/5.1sp1/aix/productguides/html/vcs_install/ch02s02.htm

Note: The article for old VCS version but you can use it for understanding.

Regards,

Marianne

I agree with @RiaanBadenhorst  - FSS seems to be the best solution.

As per Riaan's URL - 
Flexible Storage Sharing (FSS) enables network sharing of local storage, cluster wide. 

FSS is NOT NFS. Sharing is across network interconnects (we called it heartbeats previously). 

AndresV
VIP
Partner    VIP   

Thanks, Riaan

I really appreciated the information, right now I´m testing this in my lab.

AndresV
VIP
Partner    VIP   

Hi Riaan

I´ve been doing some research but I stuck in here, could you tell me which option should I choose and the steps.

vcs.JPG

Hi Andre

I think you need to choose option 4 for a clustered file system. Not sure of the next steps though - sorry.

David

Hi,

If you are still looking for answere then select 1 option to configure the Veritas Cluster server.

Regards,

Tousif Naik