cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup commad to check robot status

MJaggi
Level 3

I am writting a script to get daily health check report for Netbackup infra. I want to get the robot status (UP/DOWN/Degraded etc). vmoprcmd/tpconfig will give the tape drives are up or down status. Is there any command to know if the robot is UP/DOWN for netbackup  ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am not aware of any command to check robot status. 

The only way (to my knowledge)  that shows that the robot is UP, is when drives are under TLD control.
When there is a problem with the robot, the drives will show AVR control. 

With Media MAnager processes running in verbose mode, a problem with the robot will be logged in Windows Application log (on robot control host). Something like 'Robotic library is down' or 'TLD(0) going to DOWN state'.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am not aware of any command to check robot status. 

The only way (to my knowledge)  that shows that the robot is UP, is when drives are under TLD control.
When there is a problem with the robot, the drives will show AVR control. 

With Media MAnager processes running in verbose mode, a problem with the robot will be logged in Windows Application log (on robot control host). Something like 'Robotic library is down' or 'TLD(0) going to DOWN state'.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Not that I am aware of.

Edit:  Beaten by Mariaane (as usual ....)

Marianne has a good point, if the drives shows as <robot type> eg. TLD, then the library is 'up' as best as we can tell.  It might not respond correctly when moving tapes, but it is at least 'visible'.