cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup data forecast

Pangal
Level 5

Can someone provide me method for data forecasting in Netbackup . We have msdp and tape library in our environment  . I need to provide details so that additional disk/tape space can be bought .We have also configured AIR also

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can only forecast if you have been keeping records of backup sizes in the past.
Based in growth that you have observed over the last 6-12 months, you should be able to forecast for the next year.

Do you have OpsCenter Analytics?
Or run nbdeployutil on a regular basis and keep the output?
Or run Client Backups on a regular basis and keep the output?

1) Do you have OpsCenter Analytics?:- Yes

2) Or run nbdeployutil on a regular basis and keep the output? :- No

3) Or run Client Backups on a regular basis and keep the output? :- I didnt get the question

"You can only forecast if you have been keeping records of backup sizes in the past." :- I need to check since i am new to current infrastructure

Marianne
Level 6

'Client Backups' is a standard report in NetBackup Admin GUI.

I am not an OpsCenter expert, but if you search NetBackup OpsCenter Reporting Guide    for the word 'forecast', you will find a couple of references.

As per my knowledge opscenter will only report capacity for tapes not for disk

quebek
   VIP    Certified

I have to disagree - OpsCenter is reporting on size of backups taken - not where these were written to...

Marianne
Level 6

@Pangal,

I have actually gone through the trouble of downloading the manual and searched for the word 'forecast' before I posted.

Have you tried to do that?