cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup data forecast

Pangal
Level 5

Can someone provide me method for data forecasting in Netbackup . We have msdp and tape library in our environment  . I need to provide details so that additional disk/tape space can be bought .We have also configured AIR also

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can only forecast if you have been keeping records of backup sizes in the past.
Based in growth that you have observed over the last 6-12 months, you should be able to forecast for the next year.

Do you have OpsCenter Analytics?
Or run nbdeployutil on a regular basis and keep the output?
Or run Client Backups on a regular basis and keep the output?

1) Do you have OpsCenter Analytics?:- Yes

2) Or run nbdeployutil on a regular basis and keep the output? :- No

3) Or run Client Backups on a regular basis and keep the output? :- I didnt get the question

"You can only forecast if you have been keeping records of backup sizes in the past." :- I need to check since i am new to current infrastructure

Marianne

'Client Backups' is a standard report in NetBackup Admin GUI.

I am not an OpsCenter expert, but if you search NetBackup OpsCenter Reporting Guide    for the word 'forecast', you will find a couple of references.

As per my knowledge opscenter will only report capacity for tapes not for disk

quebek
   VIP    Certified

I have to disagree - OpsCenter is reporting on size of backups taken - not where these were written to...

Marianne

@Pangal,

I have actually gone through the trouble of downloading the manual and searched for the word 'forecast' before I posted.

Have you tried to do that?