Hi. We have Veritas Netbackup 6.5 and we are having problems with the tapes. Netbackup do not eject the tapes until they are full. We need that the tapes are ejected after the job are completed for audit porpuse. Is their a way that we can change something in the configuration so Netbackup do this? Thanks for the help in advance
When you are setting up the profile, you'll see 5 tabs come up.
1. Configure the Choose Backups tab to select the proper backups that you want to offsite.
2. Configure the Duplication tab to make sure you have the check box at the very top checked. It says to Skip the Duplication Step.
3. Configure the Catalog Backups tab to make sure you have the check box at the very top checked. It says to Skip the Catalog Backup Step.
4. Configure the Eject tab to include all pools that you write backup copies to. It defaults to NetBackup, but you can add other pools if needed. On this tab, you will also configure when the ejects should happen. You two choices are "immediate" or "deferred". If you choose deferred, you will have to manually go back in to kick these off. (I'm guessing since no duplication is running, you'll want them to happen immediately)
5. Configure the Reports tab to give you the information you'll need to know what happens in your environment. You also have two choices for when reports happen. They are "immediate" and "deferred" also. You will need to set this setting the same way as the ejects are configured since they work together.
The vault manual has good information on getting this configured. Information on configuring your profile, starts on page 56 of the Vault System Administrator's Guide.
Please keep in mind that Vault is a licensed option. You will need to contact your sales representative for pricing.