cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Netbackup email notification

Ahmed_ELHalwagy
Level 4

i had customize email notification for my netbackup .. my question is . i have policy with 26 streams and i want to receive email about the parent job only not each stream .. how can i do it 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

PLEASE always mention your NBU version and master server OS in new posts?

Have a look at NBU Admin Guide II at the following scripts that can be customized on the master server:

parent_start_notify
parent_end_notify

Please note that this script is used for ALL jobs where there is a parent job.

If you want notification for particular jobs, you need to add some test criteria/filters.

(Above link is for NBU 7.1 on Unix/Linux. If we know your NBU version and OS we can provide relevant link.)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

If possible disable multistreaming in policy

Marianne

PLEASE always mention your NBU version and master server OS in new posts?

Have a look at NBU Admin Guide II at the following scripts that can be customized on the master server:

parent_start_notify
parent_end_notify

Please note that this script is used for ALL jobs where there is a parent job.

If you want notification for particular jobs, you need to add some test criteria/filters.

(Above link is for NBU 7.1 on Unix/Linux. If we know your NBU version and OS we can provide relevant link.)

Ahmed_ELHalwagy
Level 4

my netbackup version is 7.1 and the OS is windows server 2003

Ahmed_ELHalwagy
Level 4

my netbackup 7.1 and OS  windows server 2003 sends  notifications about each stream in in the job and i want to have a notification about the parent job only...

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As per Mariannes reply above you need to use the parent_start_notify and parent_end_notify scripts on the Master only

If the client ones are already in place you will need to change them or your configuration so that Master sends mail not the client - all done on the Host Properties sections

Ahmed_ELHalwagy
Level 4

do u want to customize blat nbmail or there's another place .. i want more details and steps .. 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

As long as blat is installed and configured then just work through the Admin Guide 2 from page 111 onwards - all commands are covered and how they work and are configured

Link again for your assistance:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127080

Ahmed_ELHalwagy
Level 4

I  searched in the admin guide and i didn't find any data

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

I have just checked the link provided to the Admin Guide 2 - in this version all details of the notify scripts starts on page 127

If you look in the Admin Guide 1, starting on page 138 this explaisn about actually setting up the notifications - this guide is available here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127081

Ahmed_ELHalwagy
Level 4

how can i make netbackup to send email notification about unsuccessful jobs only .. i don't want to have notifications about successful job

Marianne

If your question regarding Parent Job notification is answered, please select the post that helped you most and Mark as Solution.

Please start a new discussion for new questions.

Jomy
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello All,

I am getting alert notification for failed jobs and i want to get same for succesfull jobs also

please help

what changes i have to do in scripts

we are having  NBU 6.5 on windows2003 .

Regards