cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup encryption error #9

abu_jaman
Level 6

Hi all experts,

We have netbackup 6.5.5 on Solaris sparc 10 in 64 bit machine. I installed the encryption for my policies and the installation went well. Today , i selected

encryption option in GUI by clicking POLICIES. I started backup after wards and it is giving me an error number 9. My question is

1) what is the command to see whether encryption key is installed in clients under policies. Once i ran the command but i cannot remember it now. It suposedly showed the encryption is enabled by  displaying YES. Please  give me some feedback on that

2) Why it is showing error number 9 ?

I will appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Extract from Encryption and Security Guide:

You change the encryption settings for a NetBackup client from the Client Properties dialog on the NetBackup server.

To change the client encryption settings from the NetBackup server
1 Open the NetBackup Administration Console on the server.
2 Expand the Host Properties node and select Clients.
3 In the Clients list, double click the name of the client you want to change. The Client Properties dialog displays.
4 In the Properties pane, click Encryption to display the encryption settings for that client.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

abu_jaman
Level 6
Plz help

Marianne

Not sure how to check if installed... All I can find from master server is this:

# bpgetconfig -M <client-name> |grep -i encr

But it seems this command  only tells if it's allowed. This is the output I'm getting:

ALLOW_ENCRYPTION = NO

Why not simply try to push-install with bpinst?

bpinst -ENCRYPTION client1 client2

To install the client software on all clients in the NetBackup policies policy1 and policy2, enter the following command:
bpinst -ENCRYPTION -policy_names policy1 policy2

abu_jaman
Level 6

Thanks for your post. I actually set up the encryption but when i ran     bpgetconfig -M <client-name> |grep -i encr  , it , 

it still shows not allowed . Can you tell me where i need to set up the parameter to YES for ALLOW_ENCRYPTION? Do i have to setup in BP.CONF?

Marianne

Extract from Encryption and Security Guide:

You change the encryption settings for a NetBackup client from the Client Properties dialog on the NetBackup server.

To change the client encryption settings from the NetBackup server
1 Open the NetBackup Administration Console on the server.
2 Expand the Host Properties node and select Clients.
3 In the Clients list, double click the name of the client you want to change. The Client Properties dialog displays.
4 In the Properties pane, click Encryption to display the encryption settings for that client.