cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup error restore database on exchange 2010

mark25
Level 4

HI Team

I encounter this issue after i'm succesfuly restored my inbox message on exchange server, credit also to marianne.

now here's the issue in a testing environment just want to know on how to restore database on exchange 2010, i've set some configuration from master,media and also in the client, i enable and disable nfs from the servers. kindly checked my policy setup below.

policy type: ms-exchange

policy storage; dedupe disk

check: /snapshot and enable grt

backup selection: microsoft information store.

This is not DAG setup.

as far as i know "once you'll restore some inbox message from your exchange database you can also restore the database" correct me if i'm wrong, i also dismount the database and remove it. , since i'm in a test environment i took snapshot  before i delete database. and after that i try to restore database then i recieved the 2810 error code.

Kindly view also the screenshot of error message that i recieved.

Thanks

Mark25

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

seizing the opportunity take a look this article, the problem is similar to your.

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Exchange2010-Recovery-Fails-with-status-24-185-and-10054/td-p/7...

Regards,

Thiago

View solution in original post

When bpbrm reports an error "from client," always look at the client log. Bpbrm tells you the client pid, and if you look upwards, bpbrm tells you the client execution that goes with the pid. In this case, look at the tar log.

This is probably your problem:

>i also dismount the database and remove it.

The target database for the restore has to exist. If it's the original database, make sure Exchange allows it to be overwritten by restore. (If you check the option for NetBackup to dismount the database, NetBackup takes care of the Exchange option. Also, the lack of such permission would produce a specific error to that effect.) If it's an RDB, use a new one that hasn't previously been used as the target of a restore.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Thiago_Ribeiro

Hi, Mark

Hi,

If Im not mistaken your environment is Exchange 2010 Standalone right? If yes, I have the same in the customer that I working now.

So I understood you dismount and remove the Recovery Database? Is this?

As fas as I know you need to create a RDB and leave it dismounted, after that you start nbu restore.

Please, take a look this TN, there are some videos about Backup & Restore.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO41825

Regards,

Thiago

Thiago_Ribeiro

Hi,

seizing the opportunity take a look this article, the problem is similar to your.

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Exchange2010-Recovery-Fails-with-status-24-185-and-10054/td-p/7...

Regards,

Thiago

When bpbrm reports an error "from client," always look at the client log. Bpbrm tells you the client pid, and if you look upwards, bpbrm tells you the client execution that goes with the pid. In this case, look at the tar log.

This is probably your problem:

>i also dismount the database and remove it.

The target database for the restore has to exist. If it's the original database, make sure Exchange allows it to be overwritten by restore. (If you check the option for NetBackup to dismount the database, NetBackup takes care of the Exchange option. Also, the lack of such permission would produce a specific error to that effect.) If it's an RDB, use a new one that hasn't previously been used as the target of a restore.

Hi Thiago and Lowell

Thanks for helping me to restore exchange database i follow your instruction by creating recovery database and leave it dismount, but before that i also create text file with no extensions.

And now i'm able to restore exchange database...

i also read this article.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000061480

Thanks

Mark25