cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup issue when backup oracle using RMAN

Home_224
Level 6

Dear All,

I encounter the problem on the RMAN backup script on the server with the below error

ORA-19506,ORA-27028, ORA-19511.

I check the log related with the Media Manager Layer (MML).

ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="TIAEEG_dbf_1267_1_1039024505", parms=""
ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text: <<====
VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
Server Status: Communication with the server has not been initiated or the server status has not been retrieved from the serve
}

Can you advice if there is any solution to fix it? 

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

We need more details. What is the master/media OS, same for client - version of NBU.

Did you link libobk file? What is your rman script etc...

Share more details...

can you run this from master - bpgetconfig -s client_name

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Home_224
Level 6

I run the bptestbpcd on the master server and run bpclntcmd -pn to see both are connectivity successful 

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

We need more details. What is the master/media OS, same for client - version of NBU.

Did you link libobk file? What is your rman script etc...

Share more details...

can you run this from master - bpgetconfig -s client_name

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Looks like network problem. Is it a new setup, or a setup previously working? If previously working, what has changed ? (IP adress, FW, hostnames, DNS...).

Is a mere file backup working with the same client and Media Server?

Regards

Michal

EthanH
Level 4

You've tagged 7.1.x and earlier as the NBU version, is that accurate? Is the client on an older version of NBU than the master and media servers? 

I've seen this issue when the Oracle binaries aren't linked to the NBU binaries.(https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100022990)

What version of Oracle are you running? If your master is on 8.1.1+ you may need to install an EEB to allow Oracle 18g to work with NetBackup.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@EthanH 
We know from history that @Home_224 's environment is still on NBU 6.0.x.

I don't even try to assist anymore, because any attempt to ask for more info takes weeks... 

Hi 

My current system run on master server and media server run on Solaris 9, Admin console on Window 2003 and Netbackup version is 6.4.5,  

The problem is now auto resumed. 

Thank you for help