cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup licensing for lab/training purposes

yadda123
Level 4
 Is anyone aware of any licensing options for netbackup for use ina  lab/training scenario? We have licenses for our production install(utilizing lto4 drives), but I would like to setup a small lab environment(we have some ancient sun dds drives) so I can get others trained on netbackup.

So, is anyone aware of any licensing for that type of scenario? Or has anyone read the fine print in their agreement and see if anything like this is allowed?

Optionally, what do others do when they need to train others? I have been documenting every step I have taken, and also from the help others have given me on these forums. But, I dont want anyones first real experience with netbackup is using our production installation :)

4 REPLIES 4

Jim_Horalek
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Not so simple. Eval licenses have a hard drop dead date..

Nick_Morris
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Certified
Not sure it is quite the same, but i have been told by account manager that for our DR site we don't need additional licensing as it is not actively backing things up. Might be worth getting onto your account manager/support and seeing what they say for you.

Will_Restore
Level 6
Expires after only 30 days however. :(

Can I completely remove the application and reinstall for another trial period, do you think? 
Probably not. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not ideal for a lab or training, but there is the chance you could request from your reseller a 30-day evaluation license.
Did this last year when testing with a new Linux Master.
I used a Virtual Machine for installing my test master. I could snapshot and rollback any time I wanted.
The evaluation license gives you the full gamut of features.

Depends on the training/lab environment you want to provide.