cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup linux client upgrade

k2k
Level 3

I am pretty new to Netbackup. I am trying to get familiar with all the netbackup components. There are a couple of things I wanna try first.

For remove:

First of all, I would like to know the proper procedure to remove Netbackup client on RedHat. On a test box, I installed Netbackup client 6.0 and then the upgrade 6.5.4 (straight from running ./install script). I would like to know how to completely remove Netbackup client from this Redhat box.

It looks like I could do it from "rm -r <netbackup install dir>" does this leave any junk or anything somewhere on my operating system?    

Or if I need to run an uninstaller somewhere?

For upgrade:

I don't have a unix master server, I can't use the "update_client" script to push it. Let's say I will do it locally and I still have my Netbackup client 6.5.4 on this redhat box. would the upgrade be simply running the 7.0 and 7.0.1 "./install" script ?

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Remove rc scripts(/etc/rc*.d/*netbackup and /etc/init.d/netbackup*), xinetd files(bpcd, bpjava-msvc, vnetd, vopied and their backups under /etc/xinetd.d), and remove service entries on /etc/services. And if VRTSpbx and VRTSicsico packages are installed at NetBackup installation, remove these packages. Check installation date of these packages, and determine whether these are installed with NetBackup or not. These packages can be installed at other VERITAS product's installation like Storage Foundation.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

These packages are not installed on NetBackup 6.x clients. You don't have to remove these packages.

Tim_Hansen
Level 5
Certified

to remove the nbu client files, delete /usr/openv (assuming a default install path).