cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup multiple NICs - Use Specified Network

GL_Steve
Level 3

Sorry to dig this up, I'm researching similar issue as this post: 
https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Netbackup-multiple-NICs-Use-Specified-Network/m-p/441354

Trying to make sure backup is on backup network but found everything showing prod host names in my system so confused.

If we add backup NIC host name to DNS and to policy's client list, and after a backup, where would the image relate to? a client with backup NIC host name right?

When we need to restore data, we need to pick backup NIC host name too, right?

If anything happens on  backup network, I assume NBU would not automatically pickup prod network as backup connection? We'll need to change the policy to do backup on prod network if needed?

Just bunch of questions to make it more clear, :D

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

shahzeb1
Level 3

If we add backup NIC host name to DNS and to policy's client list, and after a backup, where would the image relate to? a client with backup NIC host name right? - Yes

When we need to restore data, we need to pick backup NIC host name too, right? - Absolutely

If anything happens on backup network, I assume NBU would not automatically pickup prod network as backup connection? We'll need to change the policy to do backup on prod network if needed? - Yes

##We have the same setup where we have added the backup IP of host(say A.xyz.com) into dns as A-bkp or A-bkp.xyz.com and the client added to policy is A-bkp. The backup happens over backup n/w without any issue and we do not need to do host file entries for backup NICs.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Genericus
   VIP   

this is often OS specific - there are diferences between linux/unix/windows.

I prefer to open the client properties and ensure that all three places match:

Properties - Host name

Universal Settings - Use specified network interface

Client Name 

If you have system in one place and system.domain or system-backup you can have issues.

Some OS are case sensitive - don't get me started on SYSTEM vs System vs system...

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS