Netbackup not able to see increased space in msdp

benjayhal
Level 3

Hello All,

Our setup is as follows..

NBU version - 7.6.0.3

master server - Windows 2008 64 bit

Media server - Windows 2008 64 Bit

We have MSDP in our environment which is on SAN from san disks from one storage array which are combined on OS level as 1 san disk.

We had run into a MSDP pool becomming full last year, we were able to increase the disk pool that time and NBU detected it.

We ran into the same issue this time, however now NBU is not able to detect the new space in MSDP.

I followed the procedure in article https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.00007280. The operating system on media server is able to see the increased MSDP partition with new space, however NBU is not.

I restarted the Master server and media server as well, same issue.

The current size of the MSDP partition on media server is 32 TB , before increase it was 21 TB.

When i try to querry the current size of the disk pool, i get the below error

C:\Program Files\veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd>nbdevconfig -inventorydp -stypePureDisk -dp pool_name
RDSM has encountered an issue with STS where the server was not found: getDiskVolumeInfo failed to inventory disk pool, invalid command parameter

C:\Program Files\veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd>

But this command works for other media servers with their own disk pool

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

benjayhal
Level 3

We had to restore the dedup DB databases folder as this was courrupted.

This did the trick.

Thank you all for taking the time to loojk into this issue

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Shaf
Level 6
Hey, Trying updating the disk pool in nbu..By doing this Netbackup java gui --> devices --> diskpool --> right click and update the disk pool

benjayhal
Level 3
I have tried doing that.. Its the same as the output of the command pasted above nbdevcommand.. I get similar error when I update disk pool

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Stupid question, have you extended the file system/volume after expanding the SAN lun ?

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

benjayhal
Level 3

Hello Michael,

Yes, that is definately done.. The OS is able to see the increased partition space.

If any log files or command outputs are required, please let me know.

The MSDP pools are full now due to which the backups are failing, even though we have added 11 TB's of space, NBU is not able to see it.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Then it should be a question of closing down netbackup on the server with bpdown -f -v, make sure all netbackup processes has stopped with bpps and then start netbackup with bpup -f -v

If you still have problems, a reboot might do the trick

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

benjayhal
Level 3

This did the trick.

Thank you all for taking the time to loojk into this issue

benjayhal
Level 3

Michael, We have done this before ( along with reboot of master and media servers) which I had mentioned i nmy original post as well.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You should set up filesystem monitoring and notification.

Databases generally don't do well when full filesystem is reached while writing....