cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup on Windows Cluster

soofy
Level 4
I am new to Netbackup, we are going to make Netbackup application high available, we have installed the Winodws 2003 Enterprise Cluster successfull. As you all know that windows cluster make a Quaram Disk resource. Can  I install NBU cluster to same storage volume which we disgnated for the Quram Disk Resourec.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Usually it's recommended to have at least 100Gb at this volume (rule of thumb, not scientific calculations)
If you want to do precision calculation, consult this guide

Veritas NetBackup™  Backup Planning and Performance Tuning Guide UNIX, Windows, and Linux Release 6.5
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/307083.pdf

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

John_Stockard
Level 5
Partner Certified
Soofy,

I assume from your post that you're asking how to install a clustered NetBackup master server.  I'm also going to assume that you're using NetBackup 6.5.  If you're using a different version of NetBackup, please feel free to correct me.

Instructions for installing the NetBackup 6.5 master server and EMM server components in an active/passive Microsoft cluster are documented in the NetBackup manual entitled "Veritas NetBackup High Availability Administrator's Guide for UNIX, Windows, and Linux, Release 6.5".  Chapter 2 of this manual is devoted exclusively to installing NetBackup in a Microsoft cluster.

Note that you cannot install a NetBackup master server, EMM server, or media server in an active/active cluster configuration.  It can only be installed on an active/passive configuration (where only one cluster node is running the NetBackup services at a time).

Alex_Korovin
Level 4
It's impossible. Use another volume for the NBU catalog

soofy
Level 4
Alex,

I agree with you, I wil be using another shared volume for the netbackup data on the windows cluster. Can you suggest, how big should be the volume to use for Netbackup data volume. I mean what volume size I can give to the Volume on which netbackup cluster data will reside.?

Mouse

Usually it's recommended to have at least 100Gb at this volume (rule of thumb, not scientific calculations)
If you want to do precision calculation, consult this guide

Veritas NetBackup™  Backup Planning and Performance Tuning Guide UNIX, Windows, and Linux Release 6.5
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/307083.pdf

soofy
Level 4
Thanks a lot mouse. You are really helpfull for this cummunity.

Mouse
Not a problem, you are welcome