Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup scheduled script for SAP HANA appliance failure

Manumohan
Level 4

Master = WIN 2012 R2 , version 7.7.1

Media = Win 2012 R2, Version 7.7.1.

Client : SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 3  

NBU Client Version :  7.7.1

Problem description:

SAP HANA backup quickly getting completed with out any error when scheduling form master server. But nothing is getting backed-up.  I tried to executed the script locally from the sap hana server, i am receiving following messages.

mitestw:/usr/sap/QA1/HDB00/exe # ./sap_backup.sh
SAP_SCHEDULED =
SAP_FULL =
SAP_CINC =
SAP_INCR =
SAP_SCHED =
SAP HANA Master node is not present
SAP_SERVER =
HOST_NAME = qahana
HOST_NAME = qahana
Backup is started from SAP HANA Master
Worker Node will exit with sucess status

************************************************************************************************

Based on below tech note i copied the script to the server and followed the technote. the one sampe is attached.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000025716

I have attached the script i used.

really appreciate if someone can provide an insight on this.thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It seems the problem is with output of the command to get the name of the SAP HANA master node:

/usr/sap/QA1/HDB00/exe/hdbsql -i 00 -n testw1 -u SYSTEM -p mitzero -j -a -x \"select HOST from M_SERVICES WHERE COORDINATOR_TYPE='MASTER' LIMIT 1\"

Can your SAP Admin/dba perhaps assist?

Is the dba user name really SYSTEM?  

Hi Marine,

For the identity reason the Name and passwords are updated as different

user name is correct as SYSTEM. with this user name i logged in into sap studio.

do Need to specify testw1  with fully qualified name, like testw1.abc.com.  anyway i tried both but didnt helped.

DBA updated the master name and node name are same but still there is a lack of calrity on this.

I have attached a screenshot of system information which i took while doing SAP HANA backup via SAP studio, backint method. There seem System and and host both are different.

Please aware backup initiating via SAP studio is successful.

Attached bphd logs for reference.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have unfortunately no idea how to fix the hdbsql command to produce to produce the SAP master name.

Maybe you SAP dba can assist with another command or options to obtain the SAP master name?