cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup start a replication job without a new local backup

mprazeres
Level 3

Hi guys.
I have a question to solve a quick issue.

I want to start a A.I.R Replication SLP but without having to create a local Backup.
So let's explain why and what I'm trying to do.

I completed a Local Backup of a vGuest this was successfull and it's available. Everything is perfect.
Then I changed the Policy to use the A.I.R SLP where I have the IMPORT SLP set up for the secondary Master Server.

I now want to start the Replication, but without the whole caboom starting again, mening to restart a backup with snapshot etc. I just want the Replication to send what is there and was backuped localy to the replication master server. This are steps you can easaly do from AVAMAR and others, but I can't find any option to do that on NetBackup.

Please help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi @mprazeres,

You are typing in wrong place....You are on appliance Clish interface

So do this:

From Clish ( Main_Menu) ==> Support ==> Maintenance - type the password...

Depends on you Netbackup appliance version, can be necessary you override the security policy. In my case I use Netbackup Appliance 5240 ( 3.0), and the script necessary to override the policy changed a little from Netbackup Appliance 5230.

5240 ( 3.0 version) - /opt/Symantec/sdcssagent/IPS/sisipsoverride.sh

run the script,according that you appliance version, and then you can see Symantec Data Center Security Policy, type again the password.

Choose the type of override that you want to perform..there are 2.

After that, choose the time that you want to override the policy..

1 15 minutes
2 30 minutes
3 1 hour
4 2 hours
5 4 hours
6 8 hours

If Im not mistaken, since Appliance version 2.7, you cannot choose the option Never, that overwritten this security policy and you do not have to do all these steps anymore.

I dont know what is you appliance version, but take a look the admin guide to do this. After choose the time, type elevate and you will to command line.

There you can type nbreplicate command.

Regards,

Thiago

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

use nbreplicate from cli

Hi Riaan thanks for the fast reply.

I get an error when I try to run it, Do I do anything wrong?

Ohhhh I forgot to say something: This is a NetBackup Appliance Masterserver. 

edaveritastest01.Main_Menu> nbreplicate
                            ^
Appliance  Manage appliance role and status.
Exit       Logout and exit from the current shell.
Manage     Manage NetBackup appliance.
Monitor    Monitor NetBackup appliance activities.
Network    Network Administration.
Reports    Examine the running and historical state of the host.
Settings   Change NetBackup appliance settings.
Shell      Shell operations.
Support    Appliance Support.

edaveritastest01.Main_Menu> nbreplicate

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

nbreplicate is an Operating System command not an Appliance Shell Menu command (AKA CLISH). You can run it by first creating a NetBAckup CLI User (via CLISH "Manage > NetBackupCLI > Create") and then logging in as that user.

Also to answer your question, as far as I know, SLP operations including for AIR have to start with a backup.

Best regards, Andrew

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi @mprazeres,

You are typing in wrong place....You are on appliance Clish interface

So do this:

From Clish ( Main_Menu) ==> Support ==> Maintenance - type the password...

Depends on you Netbackup appliance version, can be necessary you override the security policy. In my case I use Netbackup Appliance 5240 ( 3.0), and the script necessary to override the policy changed a little from Netbackup Appliance 5230.

5240 ( 3.0 version) - /opt/Symantec/sdcssagent/IPS/sisipsoverride.sh

run the script,according that you appliance version, and then you can see Symantec Data Center Security Policy, type again the password.

Choose the type of override that you want to perform..there are 2.

After that, choose the time that you want to override the policy..

1 15 minutes
2 30 minutes
3 1 hour
4 2 hours
5 4 hours
6 8 hours

If Im not mistaken, since Appliance version 2.7, you cannot choose the option Never, that overwritten this security policy and you do not have to do all these steps anymore.

I dont know what is you appliance version, but take a look the admin guide to do this. After choose the time, type elevate and you will to command line.

There you can type nbreplicate command.

Regards,

Thiago