cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup track logs movement

shubh120
Level 4

Hi Everyone,

We are trying to standarize our netbackup policies naming convention in doing so we have to create new policies with the different/new name than previous one's. Now the problem is that old policies were configured with the accelerator enabled feature & in the new policy if we enable to accelerator feature it will again go from the begining building the track logs since the policies are quite big in size which will take alot time to rebuild the track logs, so is there any way where i can use the old track logs from previous policy for this new one so that when i run the job with new policy it will simply picked the old track logs & do not rebuild them again.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems it's not as simple as copying POLICY1 folder to POLICY2.... 

I found this: 

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Track-logs-and-renaming-policy/td-p/640413

Sorry - no other ideas!

View solution in original post

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

We were faced with this similar scenerio. The only option at this point is just to re-run the job with the new policy to build new track-log and just endure the longer time it will take to finish. Good news is this is a onetime event. 

Here's a link on similar discussion. :  https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Track-logs-and-renaming-policy/td-p/640413

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Marianne

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for the reply, i actually already had gone through this TN but it seems to a different one i am looking, this one seems to be redirecting the track logs to a different location if you are facing space crunch.

In my senario i have 2 policies X & Y, policy X is running with accelerator feature & have its track logs whereas policy Y is a newly created one & has not ran yet, both policy do have same client, backup selection etc, is it possible i can use the same track logs being used by policy X for policy Y without rebuilding them again?

Thanks,

Shubham

Marianne

Seems it's not as simple as copying POLICY1 folder to POLICY2.... 

I found this: 

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Track-logs-and-renaming-policy/td-p/640413

Sorry - no other ideas!

Thanks Mariane, seems like there is no any option available to do such tweaking we are looking here, i did try renaming the folder name with the new policy but it was not succesfull!

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

We were faced with this similar scenerio. The only option at this point is just to re-run the job with the new policy to build new track-log and just endure the longer time it will take to finish. Good news is this is a onetime event. 

Here's a link on similar discussion. :  https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Track-logs-and-renaming-policy/td-p/640413

Yes I think you are right it's just something can be done without tweaking dedup catalog etc. Where we really don't want to go since it can affect other things, better to run another backup as it's only a one time thing to do.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Hi Marianne

I would like to get the logs files from my netbackup
In order to trace some problem ( can't connect to host ) and with Vm 195
Can you please tell me how i can check the logs from server itself

Thanks

Rami

If you have any recent NetBackup version look at the "Logging Assistant" (the last item on the left side). It can be used to set log levels, collect logs etc. from any NetBackup server or client. Even better, if you give it a job to analyse, it will suggest what logs to collect and from where.

Cheers

hi davidmoline 

Thanks is was helpful 

but can please tell me why i don't have permmision to see the trace in the webconsole ?

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/nblastaging/12345678-20191223-012215/Progress.txt
bash: /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/nblastaging/12345678-20191223-012215/Progress.txt: Permission denied

Marianne

@Rami5 

Best to start a new discussion as your logging issue is not related to this topic that was solved.