cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup upgrade query

Gaurav21
Level 4

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade from  6.5.4 direct to 7.1. I just want to know if I would face any issues or anything special is to be kept in mind with regards to the licenses. I have taken the upgaded keys from the customer care.

also one thing which confused me a bit was when I upgarded one of our test setups, it worked without the upgarding/adding the new keys, but i still wonder if the additional feature for agents like oracle / sql would work or not.

Please share any thing you think can help me with the upgrade.

Thanks

Gorav.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dipendra_Singh
Level 4

Well,

I logged a case with symantec to know whether the 7.0 keys will work with 7.1 and they said with no issues you can add all the 7.0 license keys and they are working with no issues.

For upgradation you need to take up following steps:

1. Have a look at the release notes.

2. Take the latest Catalog backup.

3. Get the nbcc (Catalog Consistency) check done either through Symantec or you can also perform

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/support/nbcc -help

4. Now check the nbcc results, if they are with no error then you can go ahead and upgrade.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bills
Level 5
I recently upgraded directly from 6.5.5 to 7.1. I did not have any issues or surprises. I cannot recall if I was prompted for the new keys or not. I have a single master, which is also my media server, so perhaps that explains why my upgrade was so simple... Bill

PraveenCH
Level 4

You can upgrade to Netbackup 7.1 successfully without any licence key with all the features till previous versions will be working fine. If you want to use any new licenced featues in 7.1 then  you need to update 7.1 Licence key.

--Praveen

sarsingh
Level 4

just make sure you have plenty of free space is available as nbu 7 is space hungry..:)

Gaurav21
Level 4

well I faced some issue with windows installer with 7.0, then I installed 7.1 which worked fine.Solaris upgrade was easy.

Thanks all for your help.

Dipendra_Singh
Level 4

Well,

I logged a case with symantec to know whether the 7.0 keys will work with 7.1 and they said with no issues you can add all the 7.0 license keys and they are working with no issues.

For upgradation you need to take up following steps:

1. Have a look at the release notes.

2. Take the latest Catalog backup.

3. Get the nbcc (Catalog Consistency) check done either through Symantec or you can also perform

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/support/nbcc -help

4. Now check the nbcc results, if they are with no error then you can go ahead and upgrade.