cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup (usr/openv/netbacku/) subdirectories went missing

Harish_Ramakris
Level 4

Dear All -

Please share your inputs on the workaround or the findings if you have experienced any such issues as mentioned below-

Netbackup directories went missing at overnight leading for backup failure, there were no identity while we referred to audit and var/log/messages logs. Symantec and Redhat are still Investigating on this cause. 

Infra Detail:

Netbackup Version: 7.5
MP: 0.4
Path: /usr/openv/netbackup/*** All the subfolders in here were found missing ***

Any inputs to investigate more will be helpful to avoid any such instance in future.

Thank you in Advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Inspect /etc/fstab or the volume group (consider to post it). It could be a file system isn't mounted properly. 

it best pratice to make /usr/openv/netbackup/db a seperate mount point - This mount point will not get deleted if some one make a recursive deletion.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

A suggestion:

- consider backing up your NetBackup binaries by any means other than NetBackup itself -

A few years back I made the stupid mistake of overwriting a few crucial binaries which caused quite a few issues as you can imagine. I could not restore them via NetBackup as that was one of the aspects affected by my 'misdemeanor' (altho' some things *did* still work). Luckily, being on a *nix platform, my master/media was backed up regularly via 'ufsdump' to a standalone tape drive and, again luckily for me, it was a simple task to restore the affected binaries from that source.

Just a thought.

Harish_Ramakris
Level 4

Issue is now fixed, however I just wasnted to check on why this happend, so is there any other logs which will help me to troubleshoot more rather than /var/log/messages audit logs.

Mount: "/dev/mapper/LocalVG3-lvoptopenv /opt/openv         ext4    defaults        1 '

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Try root command history.