cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup view oracle & SQL backups status by instance & database wise

rmcbackupteam
Level 3

We have configured the backups through rman script and OIP for few jobs. As per my understanding, rman is the one initiating the backup & restore operation and netbackup will not have any other information of backup status by instace wise. We would like to know if there is anyway to find the backup status of Oracle & SQL by  instance & database wise from NetBackup console.

4 REPLIES 4

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

unfortunatelly there is no chance to find out something like this from NetBackup Console.

If you have OpsCenter (licensed with Analytics feature), you can create SQL query based reports for it.

Regards

Michal

Hi Michal,

Thansks for the reply. Could you please provide me if you have SQL query based script.

Regards,... David Vinsten S

Marianne
Level 6

I do not believe that NBU records any Instance info in the catalog. Certainly not for Oracle. 
The 'filenames' recorded in NBU Catalog is very 'none-descriptive' to say the least. 
If you list backups from cmd, you will see something like this (extract from NBU for Oracle manual): 
# bplist -C jupiter -t 4 -R /
/exb_n2bm5bco_1_1392342936
/exb_mabm02ko_1_1392170136
/exb_lqbltds6_1_1392083334

Best will be to work with your DBA's - backup info will be available within the database tools. 
I have seen Oracle dba's running RMAN queries to obtain backup info.

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

here is an example for "Last MSSQL Instance backup" report. Note that fileinfo table is purged after 30 days so you cannot pick up older backups by this query.

select substr(a.fileinfo,1,locate(a.fileinfo,'.db.',1)) "INSTANCE",max(UTCBigInttoNomTime(b.endtime)) "LAST DB BACKUP"
from nb_jobfiles a,domain_jobarchive b
where
a.jobid = b.id
and b.byteswritten>0
and b.statuscode in (0,1)
and b.policytype = 15
and upper(a.fileinfo) not like '%TRX%'
group by substr(a.fileinfo,1,locate(a.fileinfo,'.db.',1))
order by 2 asc

Regards

Michal