cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup with 3PAR running application consistent snapshots

Lance_Williams
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hello all We are working with a customer who is looking to run 2 x 3PAR T 400s; the array is slightly irrelevant as really the question here centres around the use of application consistent snapshots as well as Netbackup with GRT enabled backups (specifically on SQL, Exchange and file systems on physical severs). The current solution they use us Microsoft DPM with NetApp and the two conflict and both the backup and snapshot fails. I can't seem to get a definitive answerr out of my usual avenues so I'm appealing to the wider community. Your thoughts would be most welcome and anyone with a definitive solution would be my hero/heroine. Many thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

If you refer to the latest NBU 7 Snapshot client compatibility matrix 3PAR is not mentioned yet.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126901

However if HP has relased a 3PAR VSS provider you are running (from previos linked document):

Symantec has an open support policy for VSS snapshots. If an array vendor supports a VSS provider for a Windows platform, Symantec will support Local Snapshot,Alternate Client, FlashBackup Local Snapshot, and FlashBackup Alternate Client methods on all supported NetBackup Snapshot Clients

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

If you refer to the latest NBU 7 Snapshot client compatibility matrix 3PAR is not mentioned yet.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126901

However if HP has relased a 3PAR VSS provider you are running (from previos linked document):

Symantec has an open support policy for VSS snapshots. If an array vendor supports a VSS provider for a Windows platform, Symantec will support Local Snapshot,Alternate Client, FlashBackup Local Snapshot, and FlashBackup Alternate Client methods on all supported NetBackup Snapshot Clients