Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup with HPE storeonce command configuration

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

Hi Team,

For some reason I am unable to access GUI of netbackup to configure a disk pool for HPE storeonce catalyst appliance. Storage server is already configured. I created a new store in HPE storeonce, How do I use this new store to configure a disk pool or disk volume from command line. In GUI probably while creating dp i can see all the stores configured in HPE storeonce through ost plugin and i can select the new one, How to do it through command line?

Thanks

Sid

4 REPLIES 4

Krutons
   VIP   

I believe it would be this, please correct me if I am wrong.

nbdevconfig -createdp -dp <disk pool name> -stype hp-StoreOnceCatalyst  -storage_servers <storage server> -hwm <high watermark value, 98> -lwm <low watermark value, 80> -max_io_streams <max # of streams allowed> -M <master server>

If you are replicating, add an include for each operation -include <replicationSource,replicationTarget>

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

I tried this, this by default maps the new dp to existing HPE catalyst stores and not the new one which i created. I need a way to map or somewhere where i can specify the store name while creating dp.

nbdevquery -listdv -stype hp-StoreOnceCatalyst
V7.5 UGAM-PROD_OS_POOL hp-StoreOnceCatalyst PROD_OS_Store_01 @aaaah 31830.81 31124.94 2 1 0 1 0 0 14
V7.5 UGAM-PROD_APP_POOL hp-StoreOnceCatalyst PROD_APP_Store_01 @aaaaj 31830.81 30233.24 5 1 0 1 0 0 14
V7.5 UGAM-PROD_DB_POOL hp-StoreOnceCatalyst PROD_DB_Store_01 @aaaal 31830.81 24278.84 23 1 0 1 0 0 14

The bold one's are the catalys stores, so i need to map a new catalyst store.

Krutons
   VIP   

So once you create the DP, what happens when you create the disk volume and map it to that disk pool?

nbdevconfig -adddv -stype hp-StoreOnceCatalyst -dp <dp name> -dv <new disk volume> -M <master server>

Try running the below command to query the volumes available on the hp-store once and redirect the output to a file

>>> nbdevconfig -previewdv -storage_server <storage_server> -stype hp-StoreOnceCatalyst -media_server <media_server> > /tmp/dv.out

Then edit the above file and keep the entry only for the LSU that you would like to configure and use the below command with the file. This should create the disk pool with the new volume 

nbdevconfig -createdp -dp <dp_name> -stype hp-StoreOnceCatalyst -storage_server <storage_server> -dvlist /tmp/dv.out