cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup

sanjay123
Level 2

Hi

I have Netbackup Enterprise 7.1, having one master and two media server running on UNIX m/c. Both media server are configure in two separate Datacentre and I want each Datacenter client use it own DC media server for backup.

Pls suggest me, how I can configure a client to use its local DC media server.

One solution  I know  create two policy and add one DC client in one policy and another DC client in another Policy and assign local media server storage unit but I dont want create two policy.

Pls suggest me any other workaround to resolve my problem using single policy creating storage unit group or anything else.

Thanks

SKC

3 REPLIES 3

AlanTLR
Level 5

You'll have to create the two separate policies.  The storage unit selected for the policy determines the media server you'll be connecting to.  You could try to use Storage Unit groups in a round-robin, alternating the clients by datacenter in the client list, but the Storage Unit Groups are more for reducing problems like Out of Media, Media server down, or load balancing.

--Alan

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Why NOT use 2 policies?

This is how I would do it. I cannot see any other way.

Call your policies something that make them easy to distinguish - like each Datacenter name.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I agree with Marianne and Alan - there is no other way.  Storage Unit groups will not guarantee where the clients are backed up - it will be hit and miss.  STU Groups are not designed for that.

Martin

Senior Symantec NetBackup TSE