cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Resilience for SLP replication

paralex
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Can Network Resilience be uses with NBU 7.5 to increase stability when deuplication from one MSDP to another via WAN, or is Network Resilience only used for client backups with client side dedup?

What would I enter in the Network Resilience tab: source MSDP, target or both?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I believe that this only applies to backup and restore operations and not to duplications.

From the Admin Guide Vol 1:

When a backup or restore job for a client starts, NetBackup searches the Resilient Network list from top to bottom looking for the client. If NetBackup finds the client, NetBackup updates the resilient network setting of the client and the media server that runs the job. NetBackup then uses a resilient connection.

This tends to indicate that the list is only considered uring backup and restore opwerations - it also says that it does not apply to Media Servers when backing up their own data so again tends to rule it out

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I believe that this only applies to backup and restore operations and not to duplications.

From the Admin Guide Vol 1:

When a backup or restore job for a client starts, NetBackup searches the Resilient Network list from top to bottom looking for the client. If NetBackup finds the client, NetBackup updates the resilient network setting of the client and the media server that runs the job. NetBackup then uses a resilient connection.

This tends to indicate that the list is only considered uring backup and restore opwerations - it also says that it does not apply to Media Servers when backing up their own data so again tends to rule it out

Hope this helps