cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network errors after upgrading from 8.1.1 to 8.1.2

TimWillingham
Level 5

I recently upgraded 2 nearly identical environments from 8.1.1 to 8.1.2.  We rarely got backups failures in either environment, but starting getting status code 42 on our Windows media servers afterwards.  Restarting the services on the media server resolves the problem temporarily, but eventually they return.  I have ensured the the connection timeouts match for master, media and clients which reduces the frequency of problems, but does not eliminate them.  Nothing else was changed in either environment to my knowledge and the errors started within 24 hours of the upgrades.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Veritas finally created an EEB to address the issue and it successfully eliminated the errors.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

smsaccet1
Level 4

check with support to see this is a known issue and any EEB is available for this.

I've got a case open, but don't seem to be making any progress.  They are treating it like a network issue that existed prior to the upgrade.

Veritas finally created an EEB to address the issue and it successfully eliminated the errors.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
@TimWillingham

Any chance you could share more info?
Maybe case summary notes?

Here you go.  The EEB patched the nbemmcmd I believe.

Subject:  190422-000771 Case Closure Details

Dear Dwayne,

I have been working with you on case 190422-000771.  Your case is now closed.  Here is a summary of the case:

ISSUE: 
Windows Media server with tape drives getting status code 42 failures intermittently after 8.1.2 upgrade

DIAGNOSTIC STEPS/CAUSE:   
Found the following in the bpbrm logs. 11:03:41.051 [4828.3180] <8> vnet_cached_getaddrinfo_and_update: [vnet_addrinfo.c:1697] in failed cache ERR=10093 NAME=NULL SVC=veritas_pbx 11:03:41.051 [4828.3180] <16> vnet_is_nb_service: vnet_cached_getaddrinfo(NULL, veritas_pbx,...) failed: 6 10093

RESOLUTION SUMMARY: 
After applying EEB 3981961 issue was resolved.

Sweet!  I didn't know they published it.  Thanks!