cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AdvanceDisk for current master server

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Hi dear all,

I have a windows master/media server with 5 volume. I configured AdvanceDisk and backups are running without problem. I have 3 new volume and I want to have second AdvanceDisk contains new volumes. 

Based on this document:   https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100018218.html   Please help I need to create new storage server or I can create 2nd disk pool with current storage server name? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

The simplest way is to use the Disk Pool Configuration wizard from the NetBackup GUI.

Create a new Advanced Disk pool using the existing Storage server maing sure you select the new volumes you have added. Then create a new storage unit top associate with this pool. 

You can only have one Storage Server of type Advanced Disk per media server, but with Advanced disk you may have multiple pools (note with MSDP, it is possible to have only a single pool and storage server per media server).

Finally - why not just add the new volumes to the existing pool to expand the size of that. If you need to have some segregation, create additional storage units to use the larger pool - this would proivide better storage utilisation overall. 

Use the following command to add a new volume "nbdevconfig -adddv -stype AdvancedDisk -dp <Adv Pool> -dv <volume>. Then in the GUI - inventory the pool (Devices->Disk Pools, right click the pool, and "Inventory Disk Pools...". For Windows the volume name will be something like "G:\", for *nix it would be the volume mount point.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

The simplest way is to use the Disk Pool Configuration wizard from the NetBackup GUI.

Create a new Advanced Disk pool using the existing Storage server maing sure you select the new volumes you have added. Then create a new storage unit top associate with this pool. 

You can only have one Storage Server of type Advanced Disk per media server, but with Advanced disk you may have multiple pools (note with MSDP, it is possible to have only a single pool and storage server per media server).

Finally - why not just add the new volumes to the existing pool to expand the size of that. If you need to have some segregation, create additional storage units to use the larger pool - this would proivide better storage utilisation overall. 

Use the following command to add a new volume "nbdevconfig -adddv -stype AdvancedDisk -dp <Adv Pool> -dv <volume>. Then in the GUI - inventory the pool (Devices->Disk Pools, right click the pool, and "Inventory Disk Pools...". For Windows the volume name will be something like "G:\", for *nix it would be the volume mount point.

Cheers