cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Virtual Machine The operation timed out. 195"

Rami5
Level 4

Hi

I have a Problem with a new virtual Maschine.

I get the following message;

The operation timed out. The operation has exceeded the time out limit, though the service or daemon may still be processinge the request. (195)

The account, respectively the password is ok

We have Netbackup 8.1.2 on a Linux master

VMWare is on vSphere 5.5

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Try to follow this:

How to troubleshoot NetBackup for VMWare vSphere backup/restore in NetBackup 7.x, 8.x in Windows environment

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100022695

View solution in original post

sdo

@Rami5 there will always be many hundreds of pathways through troubleshooting, and a myriad of reasons why anyone might be experiencing issues with an environment.  There is no magic wand, no silver bullet.  We all have to just simply work our way through many discreet but related steps when we're trying to resolve configuration and connectivity issues.  And one of the best documents is actually the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide.  Also, maybe you could look at taking a course?  The Veritas classroom courses are actually very good (IMO).

Hi Sdo 

I follow the link 

as per them insturction i add 

DWORD (32-bit) with name VERBOSE and value of 5 in 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config

but even with that I'm not able to find any logs in the patch 

please check the photos I higlight in yellow what i add VERBOSE.PNGLogs.PNGLogs.PNG

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

sdo

Try to follow this:

How to troubleshoot NetBackup for VMWare vSphere backup/restore in NetBackup 7.x, 8.x in Windows environment

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100022695

Hi

It is to much complecated why i should do all of this and my nbu is new anyhow i will try it
It is better if they will provide some video on that or some screenshot

Thanks

sdo

@Rami5 there will always be many hundreds of pathways through troubleshooting, and a myriad of reasons why anyone might be experiencing issues with an environment.  There is no magic wand, no silver bullet.  We all have to just simply work our way through many discreet but related steps when we're trying to resolve configuration and connectivity issues.  And one of the best documents is actually the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide.  Also, maybe you could look at taking a course?  The Veritas classroom courses are actually very good (IMO).

Thanks sdo for your replay
I will try it and update you

Hi Sdo 

I follow the link 

as per them insturction i add 

DWORD (32-bit) with name VERBOSE and value of 5 in 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config

but even with that I'm not able to find any logs in the patch 

please check the photos I higlight in yellow what i add VERBOSE.PNGLogs.PNGLogs.PNG

Thanks 

Hi Sdo 

Waiting your replay please if possible 

Thanks 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Rami5 

Why do you mark Solutions if your issue is clearly not resolved?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Rami5 

Tell us more about your environment - 
What are you using as Backup Host?
Do you have a Windows Media server?

You say that you have a Linux master (with no further details of media server(s) and/or Backup Host), and then you show us Registry entries for a Windows server.
Where does this Windows server fit in your NBU environment? 

sdo

For the older legacy style logs then the log folders have to exist if you want legacy log files to be written into the legacy log folders.  One of the easiest ways to create all of the log folders is to run the "mklogdir" script, *BUT* this really does create *ALL* of the log folders, and so can lead to a lot of log files being written and can lead to a lot of manual cleanup.

However, normally an experienced NetBackup admin would not run the mklogdir script.  Instead, an experienced backup admin would look inside the mklogdir script for folder name suggestions and ideas of which few folders to actually manually create.

Hi Marianne 

Sorry for that messing up I'm new here and now i get your point anyhow the issue is now solved by support team 

The problem it was from Esxi configuration as it is very sevsetive to NBU 

1- We reset esxi configuration and we reconfigured again from begning as we don't have data on it 

2- we verify esxi with the follwing command in below i just reneme the host name and replace some IP with 0.0.0.0 here for some confident 

host:/home/maintenance # cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
0.0.0.0  host.your domain    host
host:/home/maintenance # vi /etc/hosts
host:/home/maintenance # cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
0.0.0.0  host.yourdomain    host
1.1.1.1  your esxi host name.yourdomain  short name for esxi 
:/home/maintenance # ping your esxi host name 

copy and paste your esxi full name in the host file