cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New in 7.7: The NETBACKUP LOGGING GUIDE!

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

One of the cooler things to come with our NetBackup 7.7 release is a brand new manual called the Logging Reference Guide - 155 pages of (hopefully) EVERYTHING you would need to know about how NetBackup logs, what logs, what logs WHERE, and how to use logs to troubleshoot your issues as well as what support's gonna ask you for if you end up opening a case with US.  Our super Technical Publications team sought a lot of Engineering AND Support input to help make this manual the best it could be.

Put this one on your summer reading list!

NetBackup 7.7 Logging Reference Guide
 http://symantec.com/docs/DOC8600

bit.ly/770LBN | APPLBN | 761LBN

6 REPLIES 6

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Bravo !

DG-2005
Level 5

Well Done! This will hopefully improve functionality for everyone 

Deb_Wilmot
Level 6

A lot of work went into this document; a new version will be avaialble when 7.7.1 is released.

If there are areas that are not covered in the guide that you would like to see in a future release of the document, please contact me or reply on this thread.  

Thanks!

Deb

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

My feedback:

1) A great document - thank you very much for all the effort that went in to it.

2) The NDMP diagram on page 116 is a bit fuzzy, and not at all as clear as the other process diagrams.

3) Page 117, starts with a section header of 'VMware' - but this section deals with NDMP backups.

4) It would be really nice if the document/manual also covered, in some good detail with worked examples, how to re-direct logging to another volume/path - for both Windows and Unix/Linux 'servers' and 'clients'.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You may want to add your feedback to the 'Survey' section on the right of DOC8600.

Deb_Wilmot
Level 6

Thanks Marianne!  

sdo - thank you also - I will pass along that feedback!

Deb