Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NfsClnt Event Log Warning

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi All

NetBackup 7.1.0.3 with Master and Media Severs running Windows 2003 Ent and all at same NBU version

Have setup Exchange 2010 DAG Backups with the GRT option - so installed NFS on all DAG members and Media Servers.

The mailbox servers are all Windows 2008 R2 SP1 and are running 7.0.1 (due to be upgraded soon so that we can get the GRT backups / restores working)

The Clients have Server for NFS disabled and Client for NFS enabled and running.

Everything works just fine (not doing GRT backups until the clients have been upgraded as tests showed the restores do not work) but the CAS and Mailbox servers occasionally get the following event logged in the Windows Application Event Logs (domain and service account edited here but relate to the account used by the NetBackup Client Service (Client for NFS service runs as Network Service)

There is also an identical event against another users name so I am thinking that this happens if someone opens the BAR GUI that accesses earlier test GRT backups so tries to mount the image for a GRT expansion in the GUI.

Even if this is the case I would like to know what the warning means and how to correct it.

Event ID : 16399 (and identical 16398)

The Active Directory Domain Services(R) uidNumber attribute is not set for Windows(R) user <ourdomain\svc_account>.

Without the corresponding UNIX identity of the Windows user, the user cannot access Network File System (NFS) shared resources.

Verify that the Active Directory Domain Services schema includes UNIX identity data, and then set the uidNumber attribute.

Anyone know what this means and how to stop it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

Probably NFS client service requires UNIX uid of user when attempting to access NFS server. NFS client must probe uid ofaccessing user to NFS server.
This message indicate that you have to add UNIX account schema to ADDS, and assign uid to each user.
I don'tknow how to do it. Please ask Windows admin.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

Probably NFS client service requires UNIX uid of user when attempting to access NFS server. NFS client must probe uid ofaccessing user to NFS server.
This message indicate that you have to add UNIX account schema to ADDS, and assign uid to each user.
I don'tknow how to do it. Please ask Windows admin.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Thanks - I will see what I can find out