cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No NIC BMR Error

helpdesk_ni
Level 3
4/27/2009 17:51:58.379 [CBmr::readXml(unsigned char *xml, int len, const int filter)] Replaced object in m_vConfig.
4/27/2009 17:51:59.395 [Critical] No NIC
4/27/2009 17:52:07.645 V-126-12 [bmrprep.cpp:ConfigWin()] Allocation of SRT 'W2k3STD' to client 'v00001' failed, rc=2.
4/27/2009 17:52:07.645 [Error] V-126-3 'bmrprep' could not complete the requested operation.
Please see logs for additional information.
4/27/2009 17:52:07.645 [Info] V-126-43 Cleaning up. Please wait...

Master server: Netbackup Enterprise Server 6.5.3 / Windows 2003 Std 32 bits
Client: Netbackup Client 6.0MP7 / Windows 2003 Std 32 bits on VMware ESX 3.5 VM

I already tried to test BMR on a physical server and the same error persists. 

9 REPLIES 9

reson8
Level 4
Have you recently applied 6.5.3 update?

If the SRT was created prior to 6.5.3, you may want to recreate a new SRT and/or Fast boot CD and attempt to use this.  Reason being is there has been updates to BMR software which is added to the SRT, applying the patch does not upgrade SRT locations.

helpdesk_ni
Level 3
Yes. An updated was applied recently.

We recreated the SRT and the problem still persists.

Best Regards,

helpdesk_ni
Level 3
Attached bmr logs by ID.

reson8
Level 4
4/7/2009 17:16:57.225 [Info] V-126-55 Shared Resource Tree at Operating System level '5.2 SP0' cannot be used to restore the client at Operating System level '5.2 SP2'.

Is your boot server running Windows 2003 Service Pack 2?

If not, you may want to update to SP2 and recreate the SRT.

Ensure that forward and reverse name lookup are correct on both media server, master server and boot server. 

AmolV
Level 5
From the OID 126 log it looks like you have gone past the SRT OS Mismatch error and are now facing the No NIC error, am I right?
Is it possible for you to provide the bundle.dat for your client (virtual as well as the physical one) the same way you provided the logs?
In case you were just trying out BMR and your original client is not totally kaput, you could still find the client's bundle.dat at:
Program Files\Veritas\Netbackup\Baremetal\Client\Data

What kind of NIC does your original client (The physical one, where you are getting the same error) have?
By any chance is it Broadcom NX-II?

helpdesk_ni
Level 3
Client bundle.dat attached

bundle.zip

Regards,

helpdesk_ni
Level 3
Physical NIC

the physical one has a HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Server Adapters NIC.

Regards,

AmolV
Level 5
Hi,Looks like bmrprep is not able to recognize your virtual NIC (from the bundle.dat that you gave me) as a valid networking device.
But the same happening with your physical NIC too is strange.
I'd recommend that you escalate this issue via. symantec tech-support.
BTW. before you escalate the issue, i'd suggest that you upgrade the NBU client on your test machine (physical as well as virtual) to 6.5.3 and try taking a fresh backup of the client and then do a PTR with a SRT that too has the 6.5.3 client installed in the same.
Post 6.5, many fixes went into BMR that imrpoved its device and driver recognitiion capability.
HTH.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
want to restore BMR backup on a different hardware

I am using Veritas Netbackup 6.5 on win2003R2.

i took the discovered information from client on which i want to restore BMR backup over USB flash drive and paste it on the Master server. here i am unable to import the configuration

Below is the error which i am getting

C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bmrs -operation import -resource config -

path c:\discover.xml
[Error] V-123-49 Operation failed.

Some ppl told me to use the below command
bmrs -op import -res config -client <client_name> -path <path_to>bundle.dat

My discovered configuration is in .xml file(i actually save my discovered .xml on the client and copied it to the Master server file), why do i import bundle.dat? where do i can find the bundle.dat because i am not able to see and client folder under
C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\BareMetal