cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Vault Reports

mascardr
Level 3

Starting today I am getting the following error when I try to get a Vault report for Media going off site.
Search completed with no results or the specified date. I ran 3 vault jobs this morning that all ran fine with no errors. I chose the correct job and todays date and no matter what report I choose, I get that error.
Can anyone give me any idea what could be causing this?
I am getting this error when I try to do an inventory..

Update failed: could not add new media ID '0450L2' into slot 18
Insert media failed:
media ID not unique in database (34)

Any help would be appreciated.
Debra

1 REPLY 1

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
But, have come across a similar issue with the inventory on one or two previous occasions.

If I remember correctly, the way I resolved this is to find all references to the 'suspect' media within the robot (usually only the one) & either try & eject the tape from that slot using the GUI or preferably move it out into the media access port with robtest. Re-inventory the robot again - this should now confirm that the 'suspect' media is no longer in the library -  then try & add the media again.

NetBackup & tape library have become 'confused' somehow as to the librarys contents - another possible way to resolve this would be to power  cycle the library so that it re-reads its contents & then re-inventory via NetBackup.