cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

None of the files in the file list exist (Status Code 71)

kadi
Level 3
Hi,

I see "None of the files in the file list exist" message as the exit status of some backup policies that scheduled to run over night. sometimes it succeeded and sometimes failed.

Note that I am only including one single file in the backup selection of these policies.

Application ver: NetBackup 6.5 HA
Platform: Solaris 10 x86-64
7 REPLIES 7

rjrumfelt
Level 6
Here is the link to the indepth troubleshooting guide for exit status 71's.  The guide was written for 5.1, but I beleive most of the advice is still pertinent through 6.5.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/277438.htm

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   
is that backup selection part of a cluster that switches from time to time, or could it be the file is being re-written by a application ?

If you specify a file as selection and that file isn't there the backup will fail with status code 71. Try to specify the directory instead.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
Couldnt he point NBU to a VIP and let the cluster software handle the failover?

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

Configure your policy for multiplestreams, later you will see where exactly is failing and ensure that file sysmte gets mounted on time or go to an exclude list. You can also see this under the logs, but the multiplestream will at least get you some data.

joel_blanks
Level 3
I am getting a status code 71 when backing up Microsoft Sharepoint.  I am backing up using the selection "Microsoft Sharepoint Resources".  It is telling me none of the files exist, but when I get with the sharepoint admin, the correct fiels are there.  Any Ideas?

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

This should be a new post - your post - and not added on to someone elses old post.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited