cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to distinguish which Child jobs are failed

smith_jones
Level 6

Hello,

When I create a policy I specify "Backup Selections" for the data which needs to be backed up. In "Backup Selections" I configured 6 New Streams (these are going to be the child jobs for the policy) and in each New Stream I have specified 6 paths of the data that is to be backed up. 

Now the policy is triggered starting with Master job and then it's Child jobs. Some Child jobs are completed successfully, few partially and remaining are failed.

Now I collected the information from the "Reports ---> Status of Backups".

Now the query is that I am not able to distinguish which Child jobs are failed and which Child jobs completed successfully or partially. All the Child jobs including Master one is showing same thing.

I know I can check it in the Detailed status of the child jobs in the Activity monitor. But what if the information is old enough and the logs for the activity monitor have been deleted because of low value set in KEEP_LOGS_HOURS and KEEP_LOGS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS.

I am identifying the child jobs from the paths that are specified by going in ther detailed status in activity monitor.

I wish that I do not have to create different policies for each child jobs as it will be really not easy to manage.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

as i said.. out side the activity monitor its deficult to find it, unless you start browsing the successfull images and sorting out the failed streams..

go ahead and use , Opscenter, you will feel it as much more easier.. if you want you can schedule them to deliver though mail as well.

Opscenter is designed to give the better reporting and monitering only.. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla

once the jobs are removed from activity Monitor its deficult to find the Job Direcotry or path for which the job got failed in case of Mulitstream jobs..

even bperror is not helping much..

the only option that i am seeing it using the Opscenter to find it.

Opscenter has 2 version, Opscenter and OpsCenter Analytics.

Opsenter is free version which can be downloaded from Fileconnect. and it holds the history of 60 days.

if you would like to keep the history for more than 60 days you need to go  for OpsCenter Analytics which will give you the access to custome reports, SQL query and long term history retenction.

smith_jones
Level 6

Ok.

Leave activity monitor for now.

I opened activity monitor. Now to identify which child jobs are failed or are successful I have to double click the child job and check which stream is it containing, that is what paths are specified in it. Then only I can say that this child job got failed or completed.

Now if I want to check in the reports which child job got failed or completed, how to do that?

I want to identify the different child jobs in reports.

RamNagalla

as i said.. out side the activity monitor its deficult to find it, unless you start browsing the successfull images and sorting out the failed streams..

go ahead and use , Opscenter, you will feel it as much more easier.. if you want you can schedule them to deliver though mail as well.

Opscenter is designed to give the better reporting and monitering only..