Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see the images in BAR gui for restore

SaurabhHeda
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hello every1,

When i try to see the images in BAR GUI for which i took backup. I am not able to see those images.

When checked this images were compressed.

I have one question here.

When we search from BAR GUI for the images does it runs bpimage -decompress in background and bpimage -decompress command triggers linux uncompress command?

Is this the way it works?

Because when we installed the uncompress package on the Linux master server we were able to see the the images in BAR gui.

NBU version: 7.1.0.4

Regards,,

Saurabh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Yes. If backups you are to browse is in compressed catalog files, NetBackup try to decompress it using uncompress command. To catalog compression work correctly, you need to install compress and uncompress command on the master server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Abhishek_Tomar
Level 3

Hi Saurabh,

Image will be compressed only if catalog compression in enabled.

if you want to view any compressed image , it will be uncompressed first and then result will be displayed.

This uncompressed image will be compressed again in next cleanup job.

hope this helps !

SaurabhHeda
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your reply.

ok.

But in background it netbackup will trigger copressed and uncompressed commands of unix?

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Yes. If backups you are to browse is in compressed catalog files, NetBackup try to decompress it using uncompress command. To catalog compression work correctly, you need to install compress and uncompress command on the master server.

SaurabhHeda
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi Yasuhisa,

Thank you for the help.

Understood. :)

Regards,

Saurabh