cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to take Backup

shans
Level 4
Hi Team

We are using Unix Master server for taking backup . I am not able to take backup of some of the windows client .. i am able to telnet to the server through bpcd port .once i started the backup its granting resources and came to begin writting posistion . But after an long time say exactly 2 hours the data written is showing as zero .

Master Server :- HP -UX

NB VErsion : 6.5.4

Client : Windows Client .

Note : The backup is happening through WAN.

Regards

Sundar .
8 REPLIES 8

quebek
   VIP    Certified
check the timeouts values on your master server.
In GUI go to:
Netbackup Management/Host Properties/Master Servers
on rigth hand side double click you master.
in new window find the Timeouts vauled
and increse Client connect timeout, Client read timeout to - let's say - 4 hours (3600*4 = 14400 sec)
to be on safe side restart NBU services, retry backup.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
If so what's the error code?

Or is it apparently 'hanging'?

Is WOFB set for this client (on by default)? Found in same place as where quebek stated above, but in "Client Attributes", select client in list & "Windows Open File Backup" tab.

Client O/S? Amount of data to be backed up?

shans
Level 4
Thanks all for you reply .

I am not facing this problem for all the client . Only for some of the client i am facing this pblm .

time out values are already defined on master server

rjrumfelt
Level 6
Here is his post:

Hi, Do this checks once from

Hi,

Do this checks once from the client side:

1.  Run bpclntcmd -pn (To check if it is able to resolve master server)
2.  Check netbackup connectivity to the media server it is using at the time of backup.
3.  Check you have the MEDIA_SERVER and SERVER entry for the media server which is used at the time of backup

From master server check these:

1.  bpgetconfig -M <client name> SERVER (should complete successfully)
2.  bptestbpcd -client <client name> -verbose (To check netbackup connectivity with client)

From the media server check these:

1.  Check if you are able to connect through netbackup

Set VEROBSE = 5 in bp.conf file of the client, run the  test backup again for the problamatic client and get me the bpcd and vnetd logs for the test backups you ran.

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I don't know why but I had that problem a few weeks ago.

I had to put the name and addres in /hosts os both master and client.

Try it on..

fast an easy to see if it work

see ya

:wq!

rjrumfelt
Level 6
If yoru enviornment allows, I think it it good practice to go ahead and set up your host files on the master, media, and client.  I've found that solely relying on DNS presents issues at times.  I'm sure that people here would argue that relying on host files may be antiquated, but I know that it has saved me lots of hassle in the past.

shans
Level 4
Hi
'
Thanks all for your replies

Client name entry is on master server and vicevsersa ..All the connectivity is working fine ..i had tried the bptestbpcd , bpgetconfig ,bpclntcmd ..All the commands are resolving correcly ..