cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting all options in left pane in Java GUI

lovee
Level 5

Not getting all options in left pane in Java GUI. only appears BAR,AM,Media nad Device mgmt and access mgmt options. Please see the attachment. Tried with change the Licensde file but nothing happened.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

areznik
Level 5

It looks like you're logging into a Media server, not a Master. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

areznik
Level 5

It looks like you're logging into a Media server, not a Master. 

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

If you look in the blue bar area in the top of the screen dump it say "media server" so areznik is correct.

lovee
Level 5

Thanks for your replies.Some of my colleague copied calss file of other master to it and after that i think we got this problem otherwise it is a master server. We are trying to install nbu software on it.

areznik
Level 5

It possible that if you messed with the NBU install on a master you have corrupted some parts of NetBackup leading to state where not all of the NBU processes are starting up. That could lead the remaining Netbackup services to think that they are running on a media server and not a master and you would see this kind of media server screen when connecting via the GUI. (I have no idea what you mean by your last sentence) 

You should find out what your colleague did and make a new post about it, you will most likely need to find out what he was trying to do, what he actually did, how to reverse it, then how to do it the right way. 

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Some of my colleague copied class file of other master to it

Nooooo - I am with Areznik here. They messed up  the NBU installation. Properly time to call Veritas support , and confess straight away.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems more than just 'class files' were copied...

Someone has REALLY messed up and needs to undo everything that was attempted.

You say :

We are trying to install nbu software on it.

Please do not try to install by copying from another master.

If this is a new environment, rather start from scratch. Remove everything from /usr/openv and start with a clean installation using proper installation media.

If you want to migrate from one server to another, you need to prepare the new server with same hostname and NBU version, then recover catalog.

If the master must have a different hostname for some reason, please check with this forum before ANYTHING is copied from another master.

Migrating to a new server with a different hostname is a specialized task that should only be carried out by a certified Catman consultant.

See this TN:

How to migrate the NetBackup catalog information from one platform to another (UNIX to Windows or vice versa), rename a Master Server, cluster an existing Master Server, or merge multiple NetBackup domains.
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000026956

lovee
Level 5

This issue has been resolved. When we copy class file from server A to server B it changed bp.conf file of server B and put server A entry in it as server and as EMM server and because of this server B behaves as media server. when we comment the entry from bp.conf all seems good. so issue fixed now.

Thanks for all suggessions.

RiaanBadenhorst

Media servers don't need or use /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class so you don't know what you wanted too achieve.

Marianne
Seems entire openv/netbackup folder was copied and not only class folder. bp.conf is located 2 folders above class. Very dangerous when you let people do things at OS level without proper OS skills or NBU knowledge!!!