cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of jobs running not following configuration - HyperV

pmendez
Level 3

When we lunch a backup for our VMs from our Hyper-V, we configure it to run only one per time, but it launches several snapshot and backup jobs (and they all are running at the same time).

We have this configured, please tell if we are missing something.

Master Server -> Properties -> Resourse limit -> Hyper V - > Active snapshot per server = 1

Active snapshot per cluster = 1

Snapshot operation per server = 1

Snapshot operation per cluster = 1

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Pmendez,

I've just replied to your other post, and I may have an answer for this issue.  In one of the documents I linked in your other post - ie: this one:

NetBackup for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide (Release 7.7.1)

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/ka6f10000000BVnAAM

Take a look at page 24.  Are you possibly selecting your Hyper-V clients manually, rather than automatically via the Query Builder?  If so, this could be the cause:

"Note: The Resource Limit screen applies only to policies that use automatic selection of virtual machines (Query Builder). If virtual machines are selected manually on the Browse for Virtual Machines screen, the Resource Limit settings have no effect."

Hope this helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Pmendez,

I've just replied to your other post, and I may have an answer for this issue.  In one of the documents I linked in your other post - ie: this one:

NetBackup for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide (Release 7.7.1)

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/ka6f10000000BVnAAM

Take a look at page 24.  Are you possibly selecting your Hyper-V clients manually, rather than automatically via the Query Builder?  If so, this could be the cause:

"Note: The Resource Limit screen applies only to policies that use automatic selection of virtual machines (Query Builder). If virtual machines are selected manually on the Browse for Virtual Machines screen, the Resource Limit settings have no effect."

Hope this helps,

Steve

Steve,

That was it! It's all working now!

Thank you very much for everything!

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Excellent - glad to help Smiley Very Happy