cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPScenter compatibility

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Hello, 

I just made a new backup site with Netbackup 7.7.2, it has a Virtual master and a physical media server. All is working fine. But I monitor all my sites, of which the other sites run on NBU 7.6.0.4, with OPS-center. And this is the onlything what doesn't work yet. 

The new 7.7.2 Master is partially conected. The OPS-center is version 7.6.0.4 too. Could it be the fact that the new master is of a higher version? 

The OPS-center runs on Win 2008r2
The new master runs on Win 2012r2

Regards, 

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Yes, that is likley the issue. OPSCenter must always be the same or higer version than the master servers it monitor.

Upgrade OPSCenter and you should be fine.

Let me quote from the Upgrade portal :

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000040130

2. Upgrade to NetBackup 7.7.2 can occur from all NetBackup 7.x versions. OpsCenter should be updated first, followed by the NetBackup Master Server, then Media Servers, then Clients.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Yes, that is likley the issue. OPSCenter must always be the same or higer version than the master servers it monitor.

Upgrade OPSCenter and you should be fine.

Let me quote from the Upgrade portal :

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000040130

2. Upgrade to NetBackup 7.7.2 can occur from all NetBackup 7.x versions. OpsCenter should be updated first, followed by the NetBackup Master Server, then Media Servers, then Clients.

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Ah yes, I was trying a page like this, but I couldn't find it. But If I upgrade the OPS-center the other sites with Masters running on 7.6 will keep working? Because I cannot upgrade those soon yet. 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As long as you are at a higher level you are usually OK .. and a 7.6 Server with a 7.7.2 Opscener will be fine

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

OPScenter has downward compatibility but not upwards. No problem in upgrading OPScenter to 7.7.2. Master servers running 7.6 will function with a 7.7.2 OPScenter server

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

ok thanks all, I will upgrade OPS. 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If it helps i have just upgraded an OpsCenter that was running 7.6.0.2 to 7.7.2 that is monitoring a 7.5.0.4 Master ... and all is fine (in fact it is connected better than the 7.6.0.2 one was!)