Partner Accredited

I need to download OPSCenter for Netbackup master server 7.6.0.1

Which version of OPScenter do i need, and how to download software

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You should not install it on the Master at 7.6.x - it does say not to in the docs somewhere - give it a dedicated server (most people pop it on a VM)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You need 7.6.0.1 which can be downloaded from fileconnect or the licensing portal in the same way you downloaded you NetBackup software.

Use a dedicated server for OpsCenter - looks like you are a Windows house so go for the download named

OpsCenter_7.6.0.1_Win.zip

Do bear in mind that 7.6.0.2 came out yesterday so you may want that for everything too

Georgess18
Level 3
Partner Accredited

yes it is windows server 2008 R2 server

I wonder if there is any harm if i install OPSCenter on the same server of the master server??

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You should not install it on the Master at 7.6.x - it does say not to in the docs somewhere - give it a dedicated server (most people pop it on a VM)

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Mark is right. Both NBU and OC uses Sybase as underlying database. The installation media checks for other Sybase instance and will error out if another instance is detected.

Georgess18
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Ok thank you so much

Your feedback were very helpful

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Once your question is answered don't forget to close off the thread using the "Mark as solution" or "Request split solution" option against the answer(s) that solved your issue - this helps other in the future

Thanks

#edit# - done already - thanks!

Georgess18
Level 3
Partner Accredited

One more concern is to send email notification for vmdk backups

the blat worked well for MS Windows backup type but not for vmware

Does OPSCenter help with this issue?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OpsCenter can send notifications for all backups - use the job completion alert and select the criteria you need

If just for failures you can select notify for all jobs but exclude a status or 0 (or of 0,1)

Georgess18
Level 3
Partner Accredited

OK

it seems that for vmware backups notification blat.exe by itself will not work