cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsolete NBU version, where to get copies?

John_Optimus
Level 4
Accredited

Hi,

I've been trying to get a copy of NBU 6.5 installers however after trying to get the copy via http://fileconnect.symantec.com it says the product version I've been trying to download is not available anymore. I have checked it with customer care and they also confirmed it's NO longer available.

How/where else can I have a copy of this version? Any comment, thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Optimus
Level 4
Accredited

Hi All, I was able to get a copy from a long long time friend.. :) NBU 6.5 already obsolete.

Thanks for all your response

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Not sure why you want 6.5 ? 6.5 is end of support and that is the reason Symantec is not giving it any more. If you still able to install it you won't get any kind of support from Symantec.

If you still want to install 6.5 then try downloading the software from google or some torrent. I hope you will be able to find it.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Speak to your local Symantec reseller. Anyone who has been in the industry for some time will have older versions of software. If you were in the same city in South Africa, I could've helped you...

Ankit_Maheshwar
Level 5

6.5 is no more with symantec support!!

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

The reason anyone would want 6.5 is because we live in a very real world where our data centers have operating systems (Solaris 8, Novell 6.5, WIndows 2000) that NBU 7.x does not support. In our case we are a new customer and have difficulty getting the business to get off of the older systems so to deploy the $$$Millions+ product we have purchased to replace TSM we need to get the older version. Which I did from somewhere and I still have.

We realize we don't have suport so if there is an issue we will use Google and this forum to see if we can get a fix.

John_Optimus
Level 4
Accredited

Hi to all,

I am fully aware of the fact that ver. 6.5 has reached its EOL/EOSL but as Wolfsbane mentioned we have legacy servers that are not supported by NBU 7.x and it's not that easy to just migrate when each one has its dependencies.

Thanks for the comment, appreciate it smiley

old_mate
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Go here - http://partnerlocator.symantec.com/public/search/ and start making some phone calls to local partners.

Otherwise, I would've though your local SE could help out... They can usually be persuaded by beer.

Will_Restore
Level 6

cheeky

John_Optimus
Level 4
Accredited

Hi All, I was able to get a copy from a long long time friend.. :) NBU 6.5 already obsolete.

Thanks for all your response

Hi.

Would you please make me a copy of the installation disc for NBU 6.5? Let me know what it will cost.

Thanks.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@John_Optimus has not been online in many months.

Try the other options suggested in this discussion.