cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline VM Backup status 4207

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hello Experts,

We are using 7.6.0.1 for Netbackup Master with 2008 R2 OS.

We have many Vmware clients and backup is happening with VMhost.

I believe through VM we can take the backup of offline machines as well. But in our case if a machine goes down we get error code 4207.

Ideally it should take the backup.

Is there any configuration for that so that if a machine is down we can take the backup from vcenter?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I saw this problem recently. The backup would only work when set to find the system using "VM Display name". For some reason the other options would not be able to find an offline VM.

What is the underlying error code from the detailed status? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please always share all relevant details such as VMware/vSphere version as well as all text in Details tab of a failed job. 
This will tell us if issue is with snapshot or somewhere else.

Is machine offlined/ shut down before backup started or after backup has started?
Any errors in vCentre log?

In the meantime, ensure bpbkar, bpfis and VxMS logs are enabled on backup host for further troubleshooting.

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I saw this problem recently. The backup would only work when set to find the system using "VM Display name". For some reason the other options would not be able to find an offline VM.

What is the underlying error code from the detailed status? 

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hi,

Pls find the details.

Primary VM identifier set as VM hostname
Vcenter Version 5.5
Vspher version 5.5

Netbackup 7.6.0.1

If virtual machine is switch off can we take backup as VM Display name? What name should be given to VMs Display name?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please try to follow good advice when a Symantec Employee tells you:

I saw this problem recently. The backup would only work when set to find the system using "VM Display name". 

See NetBackup for VMware Administrator's Guide for more info on VM identifier.
Select VM Display Name and let us know what happens with the backup of offline VMs.