cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline catalog do not kick in after completion of scheduled backups

ahlude
Level 3

Hi,

My offline catalog do not run automatically. Any reason? 

Frequency of Offline Catalog Backup:  after any successful backup/archive

Server: abcdef
  Sequence # 1    Last Media Used: MHQ002

Written             Allocated           Type   Density  Media
    ------------------- ------------------- ----   -------  -----
  1 11/17/2008 16:05:52 10/30/2007 18:33:46 RMedia hcart3   MQQ001
  2 11/25/2008 16:59:56 10/30/2007 18:33:46 RMedia hcart3   MQQ002

Paths Included:
    abcdef:D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\db
    abcdef:D:\VERITAS\Volmgr\database
    abcdef:D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\var
    abcd:/usr/openv/netbackup/db
    abcd:/usr/openv/volmgr/database
    abc123:D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\db
    abc123:D:\VERITAS\Volmgr\database
    abc123:D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\var
    "abc789:D:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\db"
    "abc789:D:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\database"
    "abc789:D:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\var"
    abcd:/usr/openv/var
    abcd:/usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf
    abcdef:NETBACKUP_RELATIONAL_DATABASE_FILES

11 REPLIES 11

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

Check the nbdb Logs and Let us know !!!

D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\logs\nbdb 

ahlude
Level 3

Hi,

I do not have logs in "bin" directory but i do have a "logs" at /VERITAS/Netbackup but it does not have nbdb in it.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
Sorry! a typo mistake Its /Veritas/NetBackup Only- Create a folder named nddb, It will automatically store the Logs if any errors occured !

ahlude
Level 3

Hi,

I've created the nbdb and how can i generate logs into it? Till now there's no logs in it.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

Can u able RUN Catalog Backup manually ??

If you can run the Catalog Backup once and do a test Backup, after completion of test backup NetBackup will try to Run Catalog Backup automatically and it will fill the events in the nddb folder.

Before that check ur catalog Configuration- whether its configured in schedules tab with - after each session of scheduled,user or user or manual backup

ahlude
Level 3

Hi,

I've created the nbdb folder both in /VERITAS/Netbackup/ and /VERITAS/Netbackup/logs/ but it didnt generate and log when i triggered a job. The offline catalog didnt kick in at all even though i have changed the setting to "After each session of scheduled, user, or manual backups". I triggered an offline backup manually and it also didnt have any output in nbdb folder.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
Change the Option to After each session of scheduled backup and do an automatic backup, check whether this is working ?

ahlude
Level 3

Hi,

The automated backup option also did not trigger the offline backup. I ran a script which i used before and I saw this error message from the GUI. However, i did check that both Tape001 & Tape002 are in the slots.

12/4/2008 5:01:05 PM - begin Catalog Backup
12/4/2008 5:02:00 PM - Error bpbackupdb(pid=4848) open() of \\.\Tape1 failed, No media in drive.    
12/4/2008 5:02:00 PM - Error bpbackupdb(pid=4848) open() of \\.\Tape1 failed, The system cannot find the file specified. 
12/4/2008 5:02:50 PM - end Catalog Backup; elapsed time: 00:01:45
media open error(83)
12/4/2008 5:02:50 PM - Error bpbackupdb(pid=4848) Offline catalog backup to path \\.\Tape1 FAILED     

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

Yes, Now Check the bpbackupdb folder logs(C:\programfiles\Veritas\NetBackup\logs)- who should find something !!!!

If you dont find the Folder under Logs, then create a folder named bpbackupdb and re-run ur same script !

:) 

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified

Hi,

let me know in which version of netbackup you are in; if it is 6.5; i wouldn't recommend you still following cold catalog backup. go ahead and disable cold catalog backup and enable hot catlog backup.

if you are still in 5.1 mpx; let me know history of your case. after what changes your catlog backup stopped working.

regards,

Srikanth.

ahlude
Level 3

Hi,

I'm using 6.0 MP4 till now there is still no log in the folder created.