cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open case with support, no answer in 2 days

CUN_netbackup
Level 3

We have an issue with Netbackup VMware backups, so we requested assistance almost two days ago. Not a single answer until now? Is anything going on with support unknown to us? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@CUN_netbackup you have selected version 7.5 as your NBU version. 
Is that correct? 
Are you aware that all NBU versions reached EOSL on 1 Feb 2017?

How did you log the call?
Via phone or email?

Did you provide your customer id #, NBU version, etc?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
They are switching to a new support system. Have you called in and spoken to the duty manager?

Whats the issue by the way? Post that in a separate post.

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi @CUN_netbackup

@RiaanBadenhorst, its right..If I'm not wrong they changed the support system last weekend. I needed to open a case last monday because of Daylight Saving Time,I opened the case during the morning and support only call me at the end of the day...the Engineer told me that they were adapting to the new system.

Thiago

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

I suggest being familar with Veritas' "Support Fundamentals" documentation at https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/terms/support-fundamentals.html - in particular the relevant "Support Services Handbook" (includes support SLAs) and "Global Escalation Process Guide" (covers how to escalate a case if required).

A couple of things I've seen are cases logged at a low Severity level (with a low SLA) or the case Plan of Action (PoA) recorded as waiting for information from the end-user.

Andrew

Marianne
Level 6

@CUN_netbackup you have selected version 7.5 as your NBU version. 
Is that correct? 
Are you aware that all NBU versions reached EOSL on 1 Feb 2017?

How did you log the call?
Via phone or email?

Did you provide your customer id #, NBU version, etc?

Hello Marianne,

Finally today Support has answered with your exact comment about version. We are working on update process. We hope it will solve vmware backup server problem.

Thank you for your always promptly answers!

Marianne
Level 6

@CUN_netbackup 

We will always try to help here on VOX (although you WILL receive comments about EOSL versions ).

Please start a new discussion and explain the issue - we will attempt to assist.

Please describe your environment when you start the new discussion -
Backup host OS and version (we know that Solaris is not supported as backup host)
ESX/vSphere version (as there are specific compatibility requirements)

Explanation of issue that includes the status code and all text in Job details.

Based on the info supplied, we might come back with additional questions, but we will try to assist as best we can.